BI tool skyrocket conversions
01. About the client
An established six-year-old Connecticut-based healthcare analytics software (BI tool) company desired to generate qualified leads to inflate the sales pipeline and schedule demos. The new scaling company in the healthcare sector has been offering BI software and comprehensive IT solutions to all healthcare organizations, from Medicare to Medicaid health plans to mid-size physician centers.
In the age of agility and digitalization, its competitors have been disrupting the analytics market by offering cutting-edge solutions, enabling them to aggressively penetrate into the online market to get a large pie of customers and revenue share. Competitors who are digitally transformed from a branding perspective were already at the forefront of the targeted technology decision-makers in the USA healthcare segment. This level of competitive scenario creates a challenge to generate qualified leads for small and medium software companies such as my employer
02. The challenges
In such stiff competition, the healthcare business intelligence company sought an effective inbound marketing strategy to establish a footprint and build brand awareness in targeted demographics.
– Didn’t possess an advanced and all-in-one CRM that supports inbound marketing
– Website presence was not in harmony with brand identity guidelines
– Incomplete website content
– Less social presence
With these challenges, the client desired to generate qualified leads in a tenure of three to four quarters without spending months revamping all the digital assets, including the website and other content collaterals.
Executed multiple campaigns (Nine months):
- Targeted organizations with poor HEDIS rating
- Targeted contacts working in the Data Analytics space (Power BI)
- Targeted health plans little known about the significance of predictive analytics in improving the quality of care
Performed targeted audience due diligence, learning their pain points and roadblocks impacting healthcare orgs’ financial and quality of care outcomes.
– Went through NCQA – HEDIS star ranking of targeted accounts (healthcare orgs) and jolted down their challenges for an account-based marketing approach
– Well-thought-out and non-salesy email marketing strategy to generate inbound leads
– Created brief how-to content to educate potential prospects that we’re thought leaders
– Leveraged custom user tracking in Google Analytics in order to understand audience behavior and plan personalized nurturing plan
Executed two campaigns six months for each:
Targeted organizations with poor HEDIS rating
Targeted contacts working in the Data Analytics space (Power BI)
Targeted health plans little known about the significance of predictive analytics in improving the quality of care
By sending a series of personalized emails with how-to guides on handling ongoing issues, the client managed to capture the attention of potential customers and keep them engaged with follow-up insights. This approach not only increased customer engagement but also helped to elevate the client’s brand name to the forefront of customers’ minds.
The first campaign targeting health plans segment resulted in generating averagely two qualified leads every month from Medicare health plans.
The other campaigns targeting analytics decision makers generated 20 SQLs interested in Power BI POC in a span of four months.